Its official: A link between eating processed meat, such as bacon or sausages, and pancreatic cancer has been shown by researchers. This is just one of many studies linking processed meats to many different types of cancers additionally including colorectal cancer, leukemia. Reason number ONE: Nitrites & Nitrates!
HEY WAIT! Don’t just take my word for it:
- Read about BBC News’ take on it here.
- See “Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s” Good Medicine article here.
- Cancer Prevention Coalition talks about it too, here.
That’s just getting started just google “processed meat cancer” and you’ll be amazed at how many articles are just now being written while schools are still serving thousands of processed hotdogs and meat to our young ones everyday.
The main study was published in the British Journal of Cancer and they found that eating processed meats such as bacon, sausage, salami, pepperoni and hotdogs increases your risk for developing pancreatic cancer by 19 percent for every 50 grams of processed meat you consume. What’s crazy about that one sausage link constitutes about 50+ grams.
The World Cancer Research Fund has advised people to completely avoid processed meat. The nitrates used for preserving these types of meats convert into nitrosamines which has been linked to a number of cancers. It gets worse, processed meats with nitrites are shown to increase your risk of :
- Bladder cancer by 59 percent
- Colon cancer by 59 percent
- Stomach cancer by 38 percent
- Pancreatic Cancer by 67 percent (one of the worse cancers!)
BUT WHAT IF I LIKE HOTDOGS!?
Whats the solution?