I already did a post on drinking soda, but here is a post to a blog I subscribe to. Grab your sugar cubes and start popping . It will be a lot of chewing until you eat as much sugar as are in one bottle of coke.
According to a recent study, drinking just ONE regular soda a day equals FIFTY POUNDS of sugar in a year, leading to obesity, diabetes, and heart disease! If you’re a soda drinker, try swapping it for water and watch some pounds fall off!
DIET drinks are NOT any better…they contain ASPARTAME which acts as a neurotoxin and is linked to CANCER. Studies have found diet sodas to cause migraines and increase risk of obesity and heart disease.
It is with heartfelt sadness that I make this confession: Two weeks ago, I was at a friends house and I drank a… …. … Coca Cola.
Ok dramatics aside, I know its not the end of the world at all, but when you drink a soda, it could be even worse than you think. Check out the infograph below detailing the harmful effects of soda, and how it impacts your health. Continue reading
..and here we thought we could trust Kashi…
That is if you didn’t know that Kashi is owned by food giant Kellogg’s.
Just say NO to GMO!
Today, organic has gone mainstream, as the chart below shows.
In fact, companies like Pepsi, CocaCola, Nestle, Kellogg, Heinz, Cargill, Dean, Kraft,
Hershey, Cadbury, M&M Mars, ConAgra and General Mills “own” organic.
That’s not to say that all organics are bad. They aren’t, but “organic” has become
industrialized big business and is owned by companies that aren’t
typically known for their health emphasis.
You might call it “industrial organic.”
I recommend Beyond Organic, a company started by nutrition expert, Jordan Rubin. It is a new way to eat the very best organic foods and beverages out there.
Things that make you say “DISGUSTING!”
Pink slime has had its fair share of people’s attention these past few months, and for good reason. (more on pink slime here) People are waking up to the reality that the companies creating, distributing, and processing their foods don’t have our health on the top of their list of priorities.
The more we look into these processed foods the worse it gets… my friend Adam (a health conscious fellow) had this to say as he browsed some online news sources:
So, I was just reading this and was sickened to discovered more things that has snuck into our food that I was unaware of. (1) Castoreum – The anal secretion of a beaver used to make some hard candy smell sweet and enhance the flavor of “natural” berry flavors (2) L-Cysteine – A dough conditioner made from human hair (3) Shellac, resin from a lac bug [aka. confectioner’s glaze] – Makes hard candy like jelly beans shiny (4) Cellulose [aka. wood pulp] – Used to thicken and wick moisture, in place of flour, in things like shredded cheese, salad dressing, and chocolate milk. Just…wow. Source Here.
And it goes on and on. Just search “In our food” in google and look at recent posts. I found this today, Headline: “There May Be Flame Retardants in Your Continue reading
Just in from the Beyond Organic Facebook Page April 26, 2012:”The new products are now available a la carte on the website. Ask a Mission Marketer for details! ” (click here to order now) These are products I believe in and ones I trust to feed my family.
Beyond Organic’s Spring 2012 New Products
Great New Amasai Flavors:
Amasai Blueberry Acai
- The GreenFed Amasai you love plus…
- Superfoods and antioxidant-rich Blueberry and Acai added
- Of course 100% Organic and a top most-important type of food for our body according to nutrition/health expert Jordan Rubin, Author of NY Times Bestseller Maker’s Diet
- Acai contains Anthocyanins and flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that help defend the body against life’s stressors. They also play a role in the body’s cell protection system. Free radicals are harmful byproducts produced by the body. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants may interfere with aging and the disease process by neutralizing free radicals.
Amasai Mango Peach
- Wonderfully accented with Tropical Mango and delicious Peach flavors
- Cultured – with over 30 probiotics, creating an easy-to-digest, smoothie-like beverage
- As always, GreenFed – cattle intensely graze on grasses and greens – no grains
- All Amasai is made with true whole milk – never skimmed, always teeming with protein, healthy fats and fat-soluble vitamins
New Additions to the SueroViv Family Continue reading
What is CLA Good For? The Benefits of CLA in Grass-fed Beef & Dairy
CLA or Conjugated Linoleic Acid is a newly discovered good fat called that may be a potent cancer fighter and its something you NEED to know about! In animal studies, very small amounts of CLA have blocked all three stages of cancer: 1) initiation, 2) promotion, and 3) metastasis. Most anti-cancer agents block only one of these stages! What’s more, CLA has slowed the growth of an unusually wide variety of tumors, including cancers of the skin, breast, prostate, and colon.
CLA is getting increasingly more and more notice in the media and online.
Dr. Oz, (America’s Doctor) had this information on one of his shows: Continue reading
What is Amasai? (sometimes spelled “amasi”)
If you haven’t heard of it, you are missing out on an amazing new organic beverage by Beyond Organic! Amasai is a GreenFed cultured dairy beverage. Amasai provides a unique profile of true whole milk nutrients created through ancient dairy breeding, organic green grazing and olde world culturing and production methods. Amasai is the first of its kind in the USA! It tastes like a yogurt-smoothie (delicious!)
Amasai has an undeniable nutritious, refined, cultured sensation that will bolster your health and awaken your Continue reading
Pink Slime! MMM. Chicken or Beef?
You pick. I’m Good.
The first time I ever heard about this so called “pink slime” was on facebook. I signed in one day, opened up my home screen, and my eyes zipped to a picture of what looked like pink soft-serve ice cream. Here is what Continue reading
How can I help rid the world of GMO Foods?
Here are some daily anti-gmo steps that you can do to truly make a difference:
- Vote with your dollars! Make it a priority to buy non-GMO items at grocery stores, restaurants or online food stores.
- Speak to grocery store managers to request that they stock more non-GMO items. Store managers will likely be uninformed about GMOs, and this is your chance to educate them about the dangers of genetically modified foods. Once they become aware and informed, they’ll be able to share the information with fellow managers and workers and with other shoppers. When we take the time to help educate just one person, that information spreads out in a ripple effect!
- While you’re eating out, ask servers and managers if they have non-GMO items available. Again, this is your chance to educate others and help spread the word about GMOs! Continue reading
Living Beyond Organic TV Archives
Living Beyond Organic is a TV show featuring best-selling author and nutrition expert, Jordan Rubin on his ranch in Missouri. The TV show airs every Friday at 10:30 AM (Pacific) , 1:30 PM EST. These shows have been archived and are now available all in one place right here. If you are interested in his new book “Live Beyond Organic” click here.