The Benefits of CLA in Grass-fed Beef & Dairy
CLA or Conjugated Linoleic Acid is a newly discovered good fat called that may be a potent cancer fighter and its something you NEED to know about! In animal studies, very small amounts of CLA have blocked all three stages of cancer: 1) initiation, 2) promotion, and 3) metastasis. Most anti-cancer agents block only one of these stages! What’s more, CLA has slowed the growth of an unusually wide variety of tumors, including cancers of the skin, breast, prostate, and colon.
CLA is getting increasingly more and more notice in the media and online.
Dr. Oz, (America’s Doctor) had this information on one of his shows:
CLA fights cancer & heart disease. Your best sources of CLA are grass fed beef and organic dairy products. It could be you’re new big secret weapon against cancer, heart disease and even weight gain.
This is a new fat that Dr. Oz hasn’t talked about before, conjugated lionleic acid or CLA, it is awesome! There are two benefits of CLA that Oz talked about.
1. CLA Burns Fat – Conjugated Linoleic Acid in the right kinds of food will do this naturally for you.
2. CLA Fights Cancer & Heart Disease - Dr. Oz said if there is a lot of inflammation in the body, it’s because you’re eating a lot of the wrong foods it is hard to suppress it. These good fats (CLA) do the opposite of the bad fats.
Dr. Oz said CLA supplements don’t cut it. Get your CLA through real foods so that your body will absorb and digest them naturally and wholly.
The best sources of CLA are dairy and meat but they have to be the right kind. Make sure that you eat organic grass fed beef and organic dairy products to get your CLA.
Dr. Mercola – No. 1 Health expert takes it further with these stunning facts:
He says the beef industry is starting to wake up to the call by consumers products with this all important fat, and even the USDA is waking up to the consumer demand for grass-fed products. Their June 2010 publication of Livestock, Poultry, and Dairy Outlook indicates that grass-fed beef represents 3 percent of the total U.S. beef production and has been growing about 20 percent for several years.
CLA Benefits in depth
A host of research has been conducted on animals, under microscopes, and with humans to determine the impact of CLA on disease. Results have shown CLA to be a potent ally for combating:
- Cancer: Animal studies show that as little as 0.5 percent CLA in your diet could reduce tumors by over 50 percent, including the following types of cancer:
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol and triglycerides
- Insulin resistance: CLA’s actions actually mimic the effect of synthetic diabetic drugs. Testing on mice with type 2 diabetes have shown CLA to improve insulin action and reduce circulating glucose. Even better, the early results from human trials are just as positive, when consuming CLA for longer than eight weeks.
- Immune system invaders
- Food-induced allergic reactions
- Body Composition: Exciting research with humans has shown that CLA has been beneficial in lowering body fat, with even greater improvement in those who combine exercise with dietary intake of CLA. Animal research has been even more promising, with significant improvements seen in both reducing body fat and in increasing lean body mass.
- Previous studies have shown that CLA reduces body fat while preserving muscle tissue, and may also increase your metabolic rate. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who took 3.2 grams of CLA a day had a drop in fat mass of about 0.2 pounds a week (that’s about one pound a month) compared to those given a placebo.
There was a joint effort between the USDA and Clemson University researchers in 2009. It was determined that there are a total of…
10 key areas where grass-fed is better than grain-fed beef for human health:
- Lower in total fat
- Higher in total omega-3s
- Higher in vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
- Higher in beta-carotene
- A healthier ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs 4.84)
- Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
- Higher in CLA (cis-9 trans-11), a potential cancer fighter
- Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease
If CLA isn’t in your diet, you are missing out on an amazing nutrient that might be one of the most useful animal fats on earth! If you are eating conventional beef you are eating possibly sick cows, hormones upon hormones, getting cancer-causing toxins, antiobiotics, bad fats, and GMO fed beef with a side of pink slime. If you are looking for a convenient way to receive Grass-Fed Beef and raw organic dairy products, look no further.
I have come across a wonderful company that provides you with 100% grass-fed beef and ships them to your door. They do all this and keep the quality level to what I believe is the very highest in the world! It’s called Beyond Organic, and it is a company started by Jordan Rubin, esteemed nutrition expert. If you’d like to check them out and order Grass-fed Beef and Dairy Today – Visit: http://life.mybeyondorganic.com/Web/us/en/products-beef-overview.dhtml
The foods and beverages taste amazing and are now a staple in my family’s diet, you too can enjoy these great foods for wholesale prices when you sign up as a preferred customer for only $20 bucks a year!
Sources: http://www.eatwild.com/cla.html , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cla , http://www.mercola.com/beef/cla.htm , http://healthybodydaily.com/dr-oz-in-case-you-missed-it/dr-oz-cla-benefits-of-cla-conjugated-linoleic-acid
Please Sign Up for Blog Updates on the Right side of this window